How does epilators work?
An epilator is a device that has tweezers attached to a spinning wheel. Once you turn it on and roll in up & down your skin, the tweezers get hold of the hair from the roots and yank it out, this is unlike shaving that only cuts the hair from the surface and not the root. Epilators give the same result as does waxing both in the short term as well as long term. One of the reasons why we all love waxing so much is that it gives weeks of smooth skin as well as the fact that with time, the volume of hair and the growth reduces. The same is true for epilators.
Advantages of epilators
- Gives you smooth, hairless skin for three to four weeks depending on your hair growth.
- Its cheaper in the long run, epilator is a one time expense but waxing is after every three to four weeks.
- With epilators, hair growth back thin and sparse
- Epilators can remove short hair which are some times hard to get with wax strips.
- Epilators dont leave a huge mess behind, it is the cleanest method of hair removal.
Disadvantages of epilators
- Some people experience bumps on the skin after using epilators
- Skin may appear red and slight irritation may occur
Does epilator hurt?
One of the reasons why alot of people steer clear of using epilators is that they think it will hurt too much. Epilator works as a tweezer only faster so it feels like that – hair being tweezed. For some people it hurts less than waxing does. As you keep on using epilator, the pain lessens, the first few minutes might be more painful as compared to the rest of them.
I mean, yeah, it doesn’t tickle. Epilation is essentially tweezing, and that’s what it feels like (albeit, much faster). I find it less painful than waxing, but that may also be due to the fact that I’m doing it to myself. Tickling yourself doesn’t tickle as much either. Epilation hurts less over time — both in the short and long term. That first moment may sting, but 30 seconds later, it won’t be pain as much as sensation. Furthermore, the more frequently you do it, the less painful it will be (thanks to the aforementioned effect on the hair).
BRAUN 3170 SILKEPIL 3, Rs.5,875/-
To shop, click HERE
BRAUN SILK EPIL 7921, Rs.17,875
To shop, click HERE