Do those dark circles make you look like little miss panda eyes? Worry no more, this will no longer be a permanent issue for you. Basically, there are a number of reasons which contribute to these pesky shadows, but the two main ones are: 1) lack of sleep, and 2) genetics, but still, you can get rid of them. Keep reading on to find out how!
What Are Dark Circles?
Dark circles are characterized by the change of color of the skin under the eyes. They occur in the area between the lower eyelid up to the top of the cheekbone. The skin becomes dull and darkened and develops into a color that varies in each person, ranging from black to violet.
Colour of Dark Circles and their meaning:
So if you didn’t know already, the colour of the dark circles depict the reason behind why they are happening:
- Blue-toned dark circles: due to fatigue or allergies
- Brown-toned dark circles: due to genetics or sun damage.
Why do Dark Circles happen?
- Altered blood circulation: causes the pigment in blood vessels to become more visible around the eyes.
- Stress, and consumption of tobacco or alcohol: affects blood circulation which causes darkening of the undereye area.
- Lack of sleep: the less you sleep, the lesser time you are providing your lymphatic system to eliminate organic wastes. Because the lymphatic circulation is working at its max during sleeping hours, accumulation of organic wastes in the body cause dark circles to appear.
- Ageing: as we age the collagen and elastin in your skin degrades over time, giving a hollow look to the eye area and causing dark circles.
Difference between Eye Bags, Puffiness and Dark Circles
- Eye Bags – an excess of fats under eye area due to genetic reasons.
- Puffiness – excess of fluid under eye area due to seasonal allergies, sinus infection, water retention due to crying, and excess salty foods.
- Dark Circles – darkening of the skin due to the various factors as mentioned above.
- Hollow Eyes – due to loss of fats in lower eye area giving impact of darkened skin.
How to Prevent Dark Circles?
- Have 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Pamper your eyes with proper eye creams and home spa remedies.
- Invest in Vitamin rich eye creams.
- Eat healthily, have a balanced diet and drink lots of water.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Give up smoking.
- De-stress yourself
- Incorporate yoga, meditation and exercise in your life.
Product Treatments to get rid of different types of Dark Circles:
- Pigmented Dark Circles: Eye creams with Vitamins
- Hollow Dark Circles: Eye Creams with Collagen boosting peptides
- Puffy Eyes: Eye creams with roller balls to boost circulation
Aesthetic Skin Treatments to get rid of the different types of Dark Circles:
- Glycolic acid Peels
- Dermal Fillers
- Laser Resurfacing
Home Remedies to get rid of Dark Circles:
Dark Circles can be reduced at home as well by incorporating ingredients in your face packs such as cucumber, potato slices, chilled tea bags, mint leaves, orange juice and tomato juice.
Pro Tip: If your dark circles are the result of blood circulation issues, double up your pillows at night to stop blood from pooling under your eyes. Also, in the morning, apply a cold steel spoon on top of the dark circles for about five minutes to constrict the blood vessels.
Colour Correctors to get rid of Dark Circles:
Orange: To cancel deep dark circles on all skin tones
Peach: To cancel mild dark circles
Pro Tip: for puffy eyes and eye bags, apply the corrector, not over the eyebags and puffy area, but instead apply it on the line which appears or the shadow under them. Then, select the concealer exactly as per your foundation shade and apply on the entire area. The key here is that the more you will highlight the puffiness and eye bags, the more prominent they will be. So, try to cancel them out, instead of highlighting them.
Beauty Hooked Approved Eye Creams to treat Dark Circles:
- L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Eye Cream Anti-Wrinkle + Extra Firming, Rs. 1,495
- Olay Total Effects 7 In One Eye Transforming Cream, Rs. 995
- Pond’s Age Miracle Dual Action Eye Cream, Rs. 1,085
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream, Rs. 1,995
Are The above treatments Permanent Solutions for Dark Circles?
SAD NEWS: No solution is permanent. You would always have to maintain the results and get regular treatments.
So, here you go ladies, thats all that you need to know about Dark Circles! We hope that it was helpful for you, but if you want to know more, simply comment below and let us know. We’d love to guide you further!0