*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products, at the prices presented, are as of the publication date of the article. Prices presented in the article may vary across retailers in Pakistan depending on the retailer’s margin.
Coconut oil has to be the most talked about oil in this year for sure! and rightly so, it have so many benefits for our overall health, skin, hair and what not. Because of its unique chemical composition, coconut oil is especially beneficial for our hair and would nourish them from within. Today we are sharing with you coconut oil masks you can make at home!
Benefits of coconut oil for hair
Our hair undergo heat styling, chemical treatments, get exposed to the harsh environmental factors, all of which damage them over time. There are ways you can help protect your hair and make them healthy and better. Coconut oil is a great way to make your hair healthy. Here are the benefits, it has for our hair.
- Helps reduce protein oil:Hair is made up of protein, over time the our hair loses its protein. Coconut oil can help reduce the protein loss.
- Penetrates deep into the hair: Due to the composition of coconut oil, it is able to penetrate well into the hair shaft, unlike other oils.
- Provides moisture: Because it is able to penetrate well into the hair, it is able to provide deep hydration to the hair shaft.
Coconut oil masks
If you are looking to provide shine to your hair, this is the mask you should be using.
- Take 2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil – melted
- 1 egg whisked
Combine the egg with coconut oil and blend it in together, wet your hair and apply the mask all over the damp hair. Let it sit for 2o minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo and condition. Pro Tip: if the smell of the egg bother you, you can add lavender essential oil into the mask, just few drops.
If your hair are dry and frizzy, try this mask:
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil – melted
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
Mix the two oils till they are well blended, apply all over damp hair, let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse with your regular shampoo. Use your regular conditioner afterwards.
CONATURAL ORGANIC COCONUT OIL, Rs.890. To shop, click HERE
GONATURAL COCONUT OIL 120ML, rs.190. To shop, click HERE
BOTANICAL WONDERS AVOCADO OIL 100 ML, Rs.1400. To shop, click HERE