A face powder adds to the longevity of the makeup look. Here are some of the uses of face powders that we bet you never knew of.
- Makes the skin look more smooth.
- It acts like a mask for your foundation, so it stays for longer.
- Absorb oils from your skin.
- It helps conceal open pores.
- Helps to set the makeup look in place
- Prevents foundation from creasing if used properly
But, not all face powders work on all skin types or tones, which is why selecting the correct face powder is extremely important. So here are two basic types of face powders.
The loose powder is best for setting the foundation. It gives a very natural look and comes in a variety of finishes.
The most effective steps to apply loose powder is:
- Take a little loose powder and lightly dust it on to your face using a large, soft powder brush.
- Then lightly brush off the powder and run the brush over your face again to dust off excess powder.
- This powder is best for baking. Apply loose powder on the areas you apply concealer. Leave it on the skin for 2-3 minutes, then blend the excess powder using a large powder brush.
- For a more fool proof look, use a powder puff.
A pressed powder is an ideal option for touch ups especially when you are on the go. It gives a medium to buildable coverage and can help to freshen up the makeup look.
The most effective steps to apply a pressed powder is:
- Use a powder puff to apply the pressed powder on the face in dabbing motions.Make sure not to rub.
- Use a kabuki brush to apply it on the face. A kabuki brush not only helps to get rid of any creases but also provides a more natural finish.
Beauty Hooked Approved Face Powders
Ideally, you should use a translucent loose powder to set your foundation as it is colourless and gives a very natural finish. For pressed powder, go for a shade matches your skin tone. This is best for touch ups
Elf Flawless Face Powder-Rs550/- (Click HERE to Shop)
Makeup Revolution Pressed Powder-Rs475/- (Click HERE to Shop)
“To get updates on our latest beauty news and releases, click on the bell icon above to get notified!
*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products, at the prices presented, are as of the publication date of the article. Prices presented in the article may vary across retailers in Pakistan depending on the retailer’s margin.”