We all know how much we hate our skin when it gives us a hard time and looks oilier than the frying pan used to deep fry chicken nuggets in the kitchen! So oily skin can clog pores and lead to increased acne breakouts, and the worst part is that even our high end mattifying foundations, even though they claim the world, are unable to control oily skin for too long. But, some famous dermatologists say oily skin also has many benefits. Oil helps preserve the skin, and people with oily skin tend to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles. So to manage your oily skin the key is to strike a balance between having too much oil and maintaining your skin’s natural moisture.
Here is the Beauty Hooked Guide on How to Train Your Skin To Be Less Oily:
But first, some Do’s and Donts!
- DO choose skin care products that are labeled “oil free” and “noncomedogenic.” Products that have these labels – including cleansers, moisturizers and makeup – won’t clog your pores or cause acne.
- DO wash your face every morning, evening, and after exercise. While washing, resist the temptation to scrub your skin – even to remove makeup. Scrubbing irritates oily skin, which can make it look worse.
- DON’T use oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers. These can irritate oily your skin further and will result in redness and breakouts.
- DO choose oil-free, water-based makeup. Usually these are named “Matte” Makeup Products.
- Try using loose powders, they help control oil more effectively then the compact powder.
- DO choose skin care products that are labeled “oil free” and “noncomedogenic.”
- DO Apply primer before apply foundation as it locks your makeup and controls your skin oil.
Here are some recommended beauty products which will help you control your oily skin all day long.
CLINIQUE ACNE SOLUTIONS OIL CONTROL CLEANSING MASK 100ML
To Shop CLINIQUE ACNE SOLUTIONS OIL CONTROL CLEANSING MASK 100Ml (Rs 5,555), Click HERE
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser
CONATURAL DEAD SEA MUD MASK
To SHOP CONATURAL DEAD SEA MUD MASK (Rs 2,375), Click HERE
EMINENCE LEMON GRASS CLEANSER
To Shop EMINENCE LEMON GRASS CLEANSER (Rs 7,500), Click HERE
MAYBELLINE FIT ME LIQUID FOUNDATION MATTE & PORELESS
To Shop MAYBELLINE FIT ME LIQUID FOUNDATION MATTE & PORELESS (Rs 1,499), Click HERE
MAKEUP REVOLUTION MATTE BASE FOUNDATION
To Shop MAKEUP REVOLUTION MATTE BASE FOUNDATION (Rs 1,500), Click HERE
ESSENCE FRESH & FIT AWAKE PRIMER
To Shop ESSENCE FRESH & FIT AWAKE PRIMER (Rs 810), Click HERE
BEAUTIFY BY AMNA MAKEUP FIX + LOOSE SETTING POWDER
To Shop BEAUTIFY BY AMNA MAKEUP FIX + LOOSE SETTING POWDER (Rs 1,000), Click HERE
DIANA OF LONDON GLAM SHEER ALL OVER LOOSE POWDER
To Shop DIANA OF LONDON GLAM SHEER ALL OVER LOOSE POWDER (Rs 1,295), Click HERE
You must know that every person’s skin is different, and there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to skin care. That is why Beauty Hoooked’s experts are here to help you with every skincare concern that you may have. Comment below your questions.
*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products, at the prices presented, are as of the publication date of the article. Prices presented in the article may vary across retailers in Pakistan depending on the retailer’s margin.