Glam Girl Cosmetics is a newly launched makeup brand, owned by Mahwish Saqib, who claims that this brand and its product’s are her dream come true. Her dream, has recently taken over social media by storm and we got our hands on their products so we could do a review for all you guys. So read on below to find out whether this brand’s products, and Mahwish Saqib’s dream is BeautyHooked Approved, or not!
When we heard of the name ‘Glam Girl’, it sounded quite mesmerizing, and after careful analysis, we figured that these products are specially designed for Pakistani skin tones and weather conditions, and they can easily be used in the hottest to the coldest weather variations in Pakistan without melting off or caking on.
The black and white packaging, in geometrical patterns really strikes the eye. But, for some products the geometrical designs on product containers create some difficulty in reading the names of the products. But, overall it gave a classy appearance nonetheless.
Package Rating: 7/10
Glam Girl’s product range is a set of full face makeup haul, however, it excludes any color range, such as lipstick and eye makeup. This is not surprising since this is a new born brand and as with most, the limited range will hopefully result in more products in the future. Moreover, it offers a blend of related products such as foundation, setting powder, primer and many more, that can be used together, as well as separately. This review outlines ALL the available products from the brand so read on.
Product Range Rating: 6/10
Glam Girl Lock it all day Refreshing Prime water (Beauty Hooked Approved)
What is it for?
It is a primer water spray hydrates, preps, and refreshes the skin. Moreover, it adds radiance and preps the skin for other makeup application as well.
How to Use?
- Hold the bottle 8 to 10 inches away from the face, and spray the mist onto skin evenly
- For an extra refreshing mist, try storing it in the refrigerator before using
- It absorbs into skin instantly for a lasting hydration
- It keeps the makeup fresh throughout the day
- An additional tool isn’t required as it air-dries itself
- At times, a lot of product comes out with one pump
Available for Rs. 750.
Glam Girl Pore Minimizer Primer (Beauty Hooked NOT Approved)
What is it for
It is an oil-free primer used to give a silky & mattifying effect to the skin. This is generally used to blur lines and the appearance of pores while controlling oil.
- No unpleasant smell
- Does not blur the pores and lines as it claims
- Cream based primer does not control oil, so not recommended for oily and combination skin
Available for Rs. 1,200.
Glam Girl Pro Matte Liquid Foundation (Beauty Hooked Approved)
It is a mattifying, cream to powder compact foundation that gives flawless skin for a number of hours. Furthermore, it is available in 8 mesmerizing shades.
- Medium-to-full buildable coverage with a natural matte finish
- Lightweight and comfortable feel
- Touch-ups are not required
- Finish is matte and powdery
- Ideal for normal to slightly dry or slightly oily skin
- Easily bendable with sponge or brush
- It can not be used alone, as it shows its full-impact when used along with a primer
- Start with glam girl primer mist
- To achieve a natural finish, dab the foundation on the face
- Build and blend until your achieve the desired coverage
Available for Rs. 850.
Glam Girl Magic Makeup Skin Perfecting Foundation (Beauty Hooked Approved)
This product, as the name indicates, perfects the skin with a foundation touch. It’s a medium to full coverage cream based formula which helps mask imperfections, pores and fine lines all day. In addition, it is available in 9 shades.
- Medium to full coverage
- Formula is blendable and smooth
- Natural finish without cracking, separating or fading
- It is best to fit into busy lifestyles, and requires no touch ups the entire day
- It comes with an applicator
- Unpleasant Fragrance
Available for Rs. 950.
Glam Girl Radiance Strobe Cream (Beauty Hooked Approved)
This is an easy-to-use liquid illuminator. The precise pump dispenses a pop of dewy formula, that makes the skin look lit-from-within. It’s the way to strobe like a pro!
- Reflects light to enhance your best facial features
- No-mess application because of the attached pump
- Not long-lasting
- When it is mixed with the foundation, it’s illuminating effect decreases
Use sponge or finger to apply on the top of nose, cheeks, brow bones, cupid’s bow, chin and corner of eyes. And, then blend with fingertips for the best effect.
Available for Rs. 850.
Glam Girl Loose Setting Powder (Beauty Hooked Not Approved)
Translucent Loose Setting Powder locks in the makeup for a long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. It creates a modern, matte finish with a touch of sheer coverage. Additionally, it absorbs oil and reduces shine all day.
- Control oil giving matte skin
- Does not give a smooth finish
- Gets settled into fine lines making them more visible
- Gives an uneven finish
- It imparts white color on the foundation, rather than being translucent
These loose setting powders are available in three shades, for Rs. 650.
Glam Girl Loose Shimmer Powder (Beauty Hooked Approved)
Loose shimmer powder instantly brightens the skin with a natural, healthy radiance.
Using the fan brush or finishing brush, pick up a small amount, then lightly tap off excess, before application. Lastly, dust a light layer on the cheekbones and other areas which you want to highlight.
- It is light-reflecting and a weightless loose powder that blends flawlessly to create a soft-focus effect that subtly perfects and flatters your look.
- It perfectly complements your eyes, cheeks, and face
- Messy application
- There is a lot of fall out
This product is available in 6 shimmery shades, and is for Rs. 750.
Glam Girl Lock It Setting Spray (Beauty Hooked Approved)
Lock It Setting Spray, gives makeup the perfect staying power, as the name claims. This weightless spray keeps the makeup looking like just-applied for up to many hours—without melting, fading or settling into fine lines.
After applying makeup, shake the bottle and hold 8 inches away. Then, apply it on the face 2–4 times, in an “X” and “T” direction. Warning: Close eyes before misting.
Pro tip: For intense shadow color, less fallout and even longer wear, wet the brush with the spray before you apply.
Available for Rs. 750
Where to buy:
These products are available from GlamGirlz by Mahwish Saqib. So, have a look yourself, and comment below if you have any questions about his new brand.
Stay hooked to BeautyHooked.com for your ultimate guide to beauty purchases.0