Sick and tired of your hair losing its shine, moisture and sheen every passing day? WORRY NOT! You’re at the right place. Continue reading and let all your worries go away for good! 💕
Dry hair symptoms 👇
Don’t have the above-mentioned issues? Congratulations 😂 if you can feel all three symptoms are living their best life in your hair, we need to find out….
What causes dryness 👇
- Sun damage! Yes – sun damages your hair just as much as it damages your skin
- Age. As you get older, your hair makes produces oil which is mainly due to Hormone changes.
- Living in a hot, dry climate. This is relatively connected to the first point however sun damage can happen anywhere even if you don’t live in a hot dry climate.
- Heat tools! Straightened and freshly blow-dried hair look gorgeous, right? But they cost you more than thousands of rupees and time. They cost you your hair’s health!
- Over-washing your hair. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing! Shampoo cleanses our scalp and our hair, giving us super fresh and clean feeling but it can also strip our hair off of the natural oils that are required by our hair to have good health
- Hair dye and bleach – chemicals found in hair dyes and bleach can highly damage your hair
- Frequently swimming in chlorinated or salty water. Not wishing to be at a beach now, are you?
Now that we know what causes the issue, let’s dive into what we can do to keep the damage to the minimum AND reverse the damage to some extent.🙌
Here are some pointers for you to consider in order to limit the damage AND to give more attention to your hair.
- Limit your sun exposure and cover your hair with umbrella or hats. This will not only save your hair but also your skin.
- As you age, you should keep your nutrition in check and take care of yourself, even more, to minimize the ageing factors as much as possible.
- Since your hair is already damaged, swap your hair straightener with a hairdryer and don’t forget a heat protectant spray! Hairdryer puts hot air on your hair whereas, with a straightener, you put hot plates directly on your hair. This is where the main difference lies in terms of damage between these two tools.
- If your hair gets oily, use a dry shampoo on the second day instead of washing it with shampoo and water daily!
- Avoid dying your hair, if you still need to, use color-protecting shampoo and conditioner! Give your hair that extra care and love.
- Swimmers, caps are your best friends!
Let’s check out some products now! 😍
Oil it up
Aura craft oil will nourish your hair with essential nutrients and improve blood circulation and cell growth. Keune Care Vital Nutrition range is created to nourish, revitalize and moisturize your hair. It improves elasticity, soothes damaged strands, strengthens and adds shine to your hair. Heath protection while styling your hair and using a hairdryer instead of a straightener (if your hair is already damaged and dry) will stop your hair from getting any more damage. Use the dry shampoo to absorb any oil instead of washing it every day, Keune is a professional grade brand, you’ll love it! Last but not least, use after color care from Fanola’s shampoo. Your hair will thank you!
Hope you enjoyed this article just as we enjoyed creating it for you. 💕
To get updates on our latest beauty news and releases, click on the bell icon above to get notified!
*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products, at the prices presented, are as of the publication date of the article. Prices presented in the article may vary across retailers in Pakistan depending on the retailer’s margin