Washing your hair frequently makes it a frizzy & limpy mess… regardless of the products you use or the number of bobby pins you’ve utilized on your hair.
The worst is when it starts looking oily, only a couple of hours after you’ve ventured out of the shower. You personally think what sins you must have committed in order to deserve such treatment (don’t worry, it happens to all of us)
Also a little off the topic, it’s actually freezing cold in Lahore these days. And, in this weather, the LAST thing we want to do is to wash our hair… (Yes, sadly we’re extremely lazy in these cold months of December and January)
So, what can we do to cheat our way to gorgeous, luscious & fresh looking hair?
There is a Godly solution, and that is DRY SHAMPOO! Using dry shampoo is so much easier than actually washing your hair, and at Beauty Hooked we abide by that!
WHAT IS DRY SHAMPOO?
Dry Shampoo is a miracle substance that cleans your hair without having to use shampoo and water… Yes, it truly does. It absorbs the oil from your scalp, it also makes it look and feel fresh as if it’s just been washed.
Dry shampoo comes in Two forms:
- Powder Form
- Aerosol Spray
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Dry shampoos normally contain a powdery/starchy ingredient even alcohol or a blend of both which tends to soak up the extra oil from your hair without water.
THE BENEFITS OF DRY SHAMPOO
- Having to shampoo your hair less frequently
- Soaking up the Oil from your roots
- Volumising your hair
- Stretching out your Blow-Dry
- Conserving your hair color
- Holding your hairdo
- Eliminating Odor
HOW TO APPLY DRY SHAMPOO CORRECTLY:
Firstly, of all shake the dry shampoo bottle.
Hold the bottle at least 8 inches away from your head.
Start by spraying it onto your roots at the parting line, and then spray it amongst the divided sections of your hair to ensure the product spreads everywhere.
Flip your hair upside down and gently massage your roots with your fingertips.
If the spray feels damp on your scalp, then set a blow dryer on the lowest & coolest setting and blow towards the required areas.
Use your fingers or a brush to comb through your hair.
Voila! You have non-greasy, flawless looking hair.
Some Helpful Tips:
If you’ve completed the steps above, but there’s still some white residue left behind, it could be due to:
- Using the product in excess amounts – This can be solved with a couple of additional brush strokes.
- Spraying it excessively near your roots – Try spraying it at least 8 inches away from your head.
- For those of you, with extremely dark hair – Your solution is to color-tinted dry shampoo.
Beauty Hooked Approved Dry Shampoos:
- Toni & Guy Matte Texture Rs. 595
- Toni & Guy Casual Dr. Shampoo Rs. 595
- Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Rs. 595
- Toni & Guy Creative Re boost Rs. 595
- L’Oreal Elvive Fibrology Rs. 525
- L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rs. 425
- Batiste Brilliant Blonde Rs. 495
- Batiste Beautiful Brunette Rs. 495
- Tresemme Perfectly Done Rs. 395
DRY SHAMPOO ALTERNATIVES:
If you run out of dry shampoo, you can ALWAYS use baby powder, corn starch, or even loose powder to absorb that overabundance of oil.
It’s not the same thing as applying genuine dry shampoo… but it gets the job done.
Here is a video that we absolutely loved by ‘Knot Me Pretty’, she perfectly demonstrates how to apply dry shampoo correctly. You can follow her on her YouTube channel here.
Comment below and let us know which dry shampoo is YOUR favourite?