1. Bad Hair Day
- Frizzy Hair – Take a tiny little amount of conditioner in your hand, rub it in between your palms and apply hair serum to the ends. This will tame the flyaway, if hair conditioner is not available, a tiny drop of moisturizer will easily substitute.
- Limp and Lanky Hair – Take a headband/hairband to lift the hair up from the face and spray with any volumizing spray. Let it dry for around 10 minutes and then remove the band to style your hair with your fingers, you can either style it side swept or do a mid part and this will help you achieve a voluminous lift to your front flix.
- Greasy Hair – The biggest problem in beauty history. However, thanks to the 21st Century we have tons of solutions! Dry shampoo! Dry shampoo easily solves all greasy hair problems, But what do you do if you want a more DIY remedy? No Worries! We’ve got you, girl! Just take a tiny bit of antibacterial gel in your palm and before brushing, rake the fingers through your hair and let it quick dry. (Antibacterial gels have an alcohol content that dissolves the oil)
2. The Zombie Face
Do you resemble a zombie, even after having a full nights sleep? So do we…
The reason why this happens is due to blood circulation retracting from your skin to major organs such as your lungs & kidneys, hence it makes you look pale and tired. This is a major problem because if your skin is not looking fresh, then your makeup will not sit well on your face and could even make you look more tired.
WE’VE GOT A SOLUTION!
Utilise eye drops to brighten up the eyes, then apply moisturizer in circular motions to increase the blood circulation, apply a hint of blush and a lip balm with a little bit of colour tint and you are good to go.
3. Baggy Eyes
Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton… We all wish the bags under our eyes are designer!
The reason for baggy eyes are actually toxins that pool up underneath and the solution? For a long-term solution drink lots of water to flush out the toxins. For a short-term solution, gently pat aloe vera gel or witch hazel on the puffy area underneath the skin to bust out the toxins.
Another quick fix is to conceal the shadow line under the eye, and the key here is to NOT conceal the eye bag, the more you conceal the eye bags, the more prominent they will look.
4. Panda Eyes
Always apply eye cream to the skin around the eye area to prevent dark circles or hollow skin and before applying concealer, to avoid your concealer from creasing. Always choose a concealer tone lighter than your foundation shade for the under eye area so it makes your eyes look brighter. For deeper darker circles, apply a color corrector before concealing.
If you have the feeling that something is about to pop up on your skin, then immediately rub ice on it after every 1 to 2 hours for 10 to 30 seconds. This will help bring it down and reduce the redness, also apply a skin ointment with 2 % salicylic acid in it. Use color corrector and concealer to hide the acne.
6. Dried Lips
Lip balm is a quick fix for dried lips, However; a more natural solution would be to use olive oil. It is the best moisturizer for lips and is easily available everywhere. It is best to apply olive oil overnight for hydration of the lips.
7. Stained Teeth
Stained teeth due to any medicine reaction, coffee (or cigarette), it is good to avoid lip shades such as yellow, orange or beige shades. The key to brighten up the smile is to make a contrast. so bright shades of blue base work great and draw attention out from your teeth.
8. Hands & Nails
Here is an easy DIY to make your hands and nails look brighter and younger!
- Take 1 tbsp of coconut or olive oil
- Add a pinch of salt and baking powder in it.
- Mix it well
- Rub the mixture on hands and nails
The oil of the mixture will hydrate the skin, while the baking powder will plump out fine lines by releasing Oxygen into the skin. It will also increase blood circulation. The salt acts as a gentle exfoliant to shred the dead skin cells and this mixture softens the cuticle for easy removal.
9. Smelly/ Grungy Feet
- Chipped Polish – No time for polish removal? However, chipped nail polish? Go for a darker shade and apply a double coat of polish to hide it in no time.
- Glowy Feet – If you are opting to wear open sandals, make your feet glow by applying a moisturizer with a pinch of highlighter in it.
- Smelly Feet – Use feet deodorants, or for a natural remedy, take a bowl of warm water with fresh mint or peppermint oil drops and leave your feet to soak for 10 minutes.
10. Streaky Tan & Dark Skin Patches
Lastly, for dark patches around your knees and ankles and elbows, this trick will definitely help! Rub whitening toothpaste on those dark patches in a circular motion, it will give an instant whitening effect.
Comment below & let us know what was your favorite secret beauty emergency OR share one that we missed!!