Here is the thing….your foundation game can either make or break you! It is extremely important to know your foundation shade to avoid looking cake faced. But finding your correct shade match is not that easy, and a little technical. But once you ace how to figure it out, consider your life made. Read on to find the shade that’s meant for you!
Step 1: Determine your Undertone
For a quick guide on how to determine your undertone click here.
- Cool: If your skin is more blue, red, or pink tones.
- Warm: If your skin is more golden, yellow, or peach tones.
- Neutral: If your skin has a combination of cool and warm tones.
Step 2: Determine Your Skin type
To determine your skin type, first wash your face. Next, don’t apply anything on it for 1-2 hours, and then notice if you see the following changes.
- Normal Skin: You will see minimum imperfections and your face will have a healthy glow.
- Oily Skin: Your face will feel oily all over.
- Combination Skin: Your T zone will feel oily only. Other parts of the face will feel either normal or dry.
- Dry Skin: Your face will feel dry all over.
Step 3: Use a foundation formulation according to your skin type:
- Normal Skin: Any type of foundation formulation
- Oily Skin: Powder foundation or Matte Liquid Foundation
- Combination Skin:Matte Liquid Foundation only
- Dry Skin:Cream foundation or Dewy or Luminous Finish Foundation
Step 4: Always swatch foundation to find your best match
Always swatch your foundation from your chin till neck (NOT your face or wrist as commonly done) to find the best match for your skin tone. Avoid swatching it on your wrist, as the skin of the inner arm is slighly lighter toned than the skin tone on your face.
Step 5: Check your foundation in proper lighting
Always check your foundation shade under the Natural Light of the Sun, and not in artificial lighting. Sunlight has all seven colors of the rainbow, therefore, the exact shades are properly visible to the naked eye.
Step 6: Choose the right foundation brand
Product Recommendations for oily & combination skin:
- Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-use Powder Foundation for Rs.8,395/-(Click HERE to Shop)
- Loreal Paris Infallible 24H Matte Powder for Rs.3,699/-(Click HERE to Shop)
- Masarrat Misbah Silk Foundation for Rs1,790/-(Click HERE to Shop)
- Loreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation for Rs3,699/-(Click HERE to shop)
Product Recommendations for Dry & Dehydrated skin:
- Color Me Beautiful Cream to Powder Foundation for Rs.3,350/-(Click HERE to Shop)
- Maybelline NY Pakistan Dream Matte Moose for Rs.1,599/-(Click HERE to Shop)
- Loreal Infallible 24H Liquid Foundation for Rs3,699/-(Click HERE to shop)
Product Recommendations for Normal Skin:
- Bourjois Air Mat 24H Foundation for Rs2,800/-(Click HERE to shop)
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation for Rs1,599/-(Click HERE to shop)
Thats all you need to know to find your perfect foundation! What would you like us to guide you on? Comment below.
“To get updates on our latest beauty news and releases, click on the bell icon above to get notified!
*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products, at the prices presented, are as of the publication date of the article. Prices presented in the article may vary across retailers in Pakistan depending on the retailer’s margin.”