Do you ever get scared after seeing yourself in the mirror? Well, not every time, I’m sure, but definitely after you’ve applied something that stays on your skin for around 15 min and it later dries out, making you look like the mask. Yes. We’re talking about an extra protective layer on your facial skin. So, get ready to learn what to look for in a face mask according to your skin type.
WHAT IS A FACE MASK?
Face masks are a beneficial way to make the skin free of impurities, exfoliation and hydration, and to soothe and tone your facial skin. They are also used to treat other specific skin problems (as advised by your Dermatologist).
WHY DO YOU NEED A FACE MASK?
It’s healthy to have a regular skin care regime, but to take your skin from looking dull to plumping it, by adding a face mask to your routine can work wonders for your skin. Product purchased, or home-made masks help to give the complexion an extra oomph with at-home ease. Moreover, treating your skin to achieve flawlessness is a choice we all need to make.
HOW DOES A FACE MASK WORK?
Face masks treat the skin according to the type of skin we have by penetrating deep into the layers where a simple moisturizer does not reach. For example, if you have dry skin or its dehydrated, the mask will hydrate your skin by seeping into the pore of the epidermis layer. If your skin is inflamed, the mask will act as a calming and soothing agent. Similarly, for oily skin, the face mask will draw out impurities, thus leaving you looking youthful.
FREQUENCY OF FACE MASK?
- Face masks should not be applied more than 20 minutes on the skin
- Face Masks should be applied on alternate days, and not more than 3 times a week
TYPES OF FACE MASKS
Face Masks are made with different types of formulas & ingredients to make it easier for you to choose a mask that is suitable for your skin.
Clay masks have a naturally embedded clay ingredient that deeply cleanses the skin by drawing out impurities to the surface of the skin when it becomes dry. It also unclogs the pores and gives a tightening effect. Clay masks are used best for Normal to Oily skin, to absorb excess oil without stripping our skin of the natural oils.
Peel-off masks have a gel-like, plastic, or paraffin wax texture and are not absorbent as clay masks. The essential aim of these types of masks it to tighten the skin. They are good for all skin types.
Thermal masks are applied to the face and gradually heat up, thus warming up the tissues of the skin to open the pores and deeply penetrate the skin with the nutrients extracted from the masks and let the skin to breathe.
PRO TIP: You can use a towel, soaked in warm water. Squeeze and put it on any applied face mask for 10 min. Make sure to have enough space for breathing.
Cream masks have emollient properties to make the skin soft. They are best used for Normal to Dry skin. These masks rejuvenate the skin by adding refined moisture to your skin.
WARM OIL MASK
Warm-oil masks usually contain almond oil, olive oil, or a few drops of vitamin oil in equal parts and are used best for Dry or Mature skin to make the skin look soft and supple. To give the a natural and healthy glow, these masks also increase blood circulation.
Natural masks are made up of extracts from fruits, plants, and herbs, such as cucumber, papaya, and oatmeal.
FACE MASK APPLICATION
Wash your face and apply the mask directly onto your damp skin with your hands. Don’t rub the mask into your skin. Apply it gently, like frosting on a cupcake, but avoid the eyes and nose, and spread the mask from the face, down to your throat to your neck. You wouldn’t want to have a youthful glow over a wrinkly neck now, would you? Always apply in upward and outward strokes. After the masks has dried out, or as mentioned on the product, remove the mask gently. Use Luke warm water and a cloth to wash away the mask. Lastly, splash cold water to close the pores and pat the skin dry with a soft cloth.
FACE MASKS ACCORDING TO THE TYPE OF SKIN
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR DRY SKIN
- Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR COMBINATION SKIN
- Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask Pineapple Rs: 295/-
- Freeman Facial Clay Mask Chocolate & Strawberry Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR OILY SKIN
- Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Mask Rs: 265/-
- Hollywood Style Gentle Neem Mud Mask Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR DRY SKIN
- Hollywood Style Elastin Collagen Firming Clay Mask Rs: 295/-
- Freeman Honeydew Chamomile Sleeping Mask Rs: 355/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR DEHYDRATED SKIN
- Freeman Facial Brightening Mask Golden Rain (hydration + brightening) Rs: 295/-
- Freeman Facial Hydration Mask Goji Berry Hydration + Soothing Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK TO UNCLOG PORES
- Freeman Facial Clay Mask Avocado & Oatmeal Rs: 295/-
- Hollywood style peel off mask papaya cucumber grapes Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK TO MINIMIZE PORES
- Hollywood Style Pore tightening mineral clay mask Rs: 295/-
- Freeman Facial Clay Mask Mint & Lemon Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR DETOXIFICATION
- Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask Rs: 390/-
- Petalfresh Facial Mud Mask Blackberry & White Tea Rs: 285/-
- Petalfresh Facial Clay Masque Avocado & Green Tea Rs:285/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR RADIANT SKIN
- Freeman Apple Cider 4 in 1 Foaming Clay Rs: 355/-
- Freeman Banana Oat Instant Smoothing Mask Rs: 355/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK FOR GLOWING SKIN
- Himalaya Natural Glow Fairness Face Mask Rs: 275/-
- Hollywood Style White Glow Papaya Mud Mask Rs: 295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED SKIN WHITENING MASK
- Hollywood Style Whitening Mud Mask Rs: 295/-
- Conatural Instant Glow Face Mask with Radiance Oil Rs: 2160/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK WITH ANTIOXIDANTS
- Freeman Facial Purifying Clay Mask Rs: 295/-
- Hollywood Style Exfoliating Berries Mud Mask Rs.295/-
BEAUTY HOOKED APPROVED FACE MASK TO REVITALIZE SKIN
- Freeman Anti-stress Mask Dead Sea Minerals Rs: 295/-
- Conatural Dead Sea Mud Mask Rs: 2375/-
AFTER REMOVING THE FACE MASK…
After removing the face mask and rinsing your face, you may complete the skin care regime by applying a toner, serum (optional), a moisturizer, an eye cream, lip balm, and finally, sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
CAN I MAKE MY OWN FACE MASK?
You’ll find most of the beauty ingredients in your kitchen pantry. Cucumbers, raw honey, eggs and yogurt etc as well as natural herbs.
Warning: Be sure to do a patch test and wait for 24 hrs to check of any allergic reactions.
APPLY YOUR FACE MASK IN THE SEQUENCE BELOW
Cleanser →Face Wash →Face Mask →Tonner → Serum → Eye Cream →Moisturizer → Sunscreen → Makeup
If there is anything else you would like to know about Face Masks? Comment below and let us know, and we would be happy to guide you through.
*Disclaimer: All articles published on Beauty Hooked are based on heavy and thorough research by our beauty consultants, makeup artist and experts. All products recommended have been tried and tested by us personally and only then recommended to you. All these products at the prices presented are as available at Al-Fatah Stores nationwide on the date the article was published, and have been approved by us for quality purchase at Al Fatah stores. Prices presented in the article may vary across Pakistan depending on retailers margin.0